Sunday, August 14, 2011

And so it begins......

Once upon a time..............no, really.
Once upon a time I wore gel nails.  Sure, they looked pretty and were pretty much worry free but they were.....in a word.....boring.  I live in a small town in South West Nova Scotia.  Most of our nail salons are part of full service beauty salons.  They don't do the fancy airbrushing and such.  I was getting bored with the traditional French manicure and was really beginning to crave some colour on my phalanges.
So, after about a year and a half of constantly wearing gel nails, I decided to give them up.  My natural nails were in a very poor state.  They were dry, peeling, thin and weak.  I tried several different products to strengthen them and get them back in a healthy state.  I'm just getting there now after nearly a year without my gel nails.  
And so it began.  I became obsessed with nail polish and all things nails!  Colours, finishes, treatments, decals, decorations, etc, etc, etc.  I've really enjoyed watching nail tutorials on YouTube and following and checking out different nail blogs.  I enjoy it so much I decided to start my own!  I don't know how entertaining this will be for everyone (anyone?) out there, but I hope I can excite someone else about all things nail as much as I've been excited by it via various gurus.  I plan to post some photos, hauls, reviews, and probably just some general blabber.  Whatever happens, I know I will enjoy sharing my newly found passion with the world wide web.
And so it begins....

1 comment: